Passwords managers on Android.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide on a password manager which will work on my Win PC as well as my Nexus 4 when on Firefox.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to find answers and was hoping experienced users could answer one question.

I want a password manager that does not require the use of it's own brand of web browser on Android. I prefer Firefox across all platforms, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Win 8 PC.

I want to use a password manager on my Win PC and also on my Nexus 4 without having to use a special browser.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for Roboform Everywhere. If you get the Everywhere subscription it syncs your passwords across all your devices. I have mine synced on my personal Windows and Mac computers as well as my work-issued Windows and Mac computers and my Android phone and tablet and work-issued iPad. I don't believe I've had any passwords compromised by being synced to their servers, the account is protected by a password and the passwords themselves are protected by another password (if you set it up that way).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use KeePass on my Windows computers and KeePass for Android on my phone, with the password file on Dropbox. The only "non-automatic" thing is that sometimes if I make a change in Windows I have to export the file from Dropbox on the phone. It takes a couple of seconds.

As far as the browser, long-press the Home key, open KeePass, Menu, copy user or password, Long-press Home, open the browser (or any other app), long-press the text input to get the "paste" toast, press it and what you copied is pasted. It's faster doing it than it took you to read it. And it'll work for any app, not just browsers - anywhere there's a place to enter text. (You have to do it twice if you have a complex login and a complex password.) Doing it that way makes using 20 character mixed alphanumeric passwords as easy as a 5 character password. Copy is copy, no matter how long the password is. And KeePass will generate passwords for you in any combination of numbers, letters and special characters, or a custom pattern you put in. Oh, and it's all free, both KeePass and Dropbox (or use whatever cloud account you want that lets you keep a cloud file on your phone locally).