Emoji Support on S4/S5

yoobineee

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey ya'll I have a question regarding emoji's on the Samsung S4 and S5

So I've been using the galaxy s4 on sprint's network and am using the stock messaging app as well as the stock samsung keyboard. I'm also on 4.4.2.
My phone is able to send the samsung emoji's (the ones that look like ios...not the orange funny dudes on google keyboard) and obviously it turns the sms into mms when doing so...... my friend who has the s5 on verizon is able to see them, however I am UNABLE to see the same emoji's he can send me. They come up as black squares with question marks inside em. I do not wish to download any other messaging app or keyboard.
Oh, and same with the Nexus 5. My friend sees mine but I can't see his. I've tried switching to using hangouts but they're the same thing.

Aren't the two samsung phones suppose to see the same smileys? Why is it that I cannot see ANY emojis besides the basic green android ones?

Thanks for the responses!

rinaldi113

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem my gf has Verizon and I have US Cellular. We both have S5's and I can't see her emojis but she can see mine. Must be a problem with Verizon.