Best way to extend Battery Life

bigthinker

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to extend battery life....When I go to about phone in setting and look at the battery usage meter, the core apps seem to be running 37 to 40% of my battery usage....What does anyone suggest here? An app killer or something else?

tallbruva

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I definitely recommend a task killer. In fact, the one I use is called TasKiller (notice only one "K"). Easy to see interface. You can also try turning off Wi-Fi, dimming your screen, reducing your screen timeout (or install an app like Power Manager that will do it for you).

The other big question is: what phone do you have? If you have a G1, I suggest going to Fommy.com and getting a bigger battery.

4U 1600 mAh Slim Extended Battery For T-Mobile - T-Mobile G1 - Batteries - Fommy.com It says 1600mAH but it's really 1700. And it's on sale right now for $29.95

Mugen Power 2400 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Bronze Battery Door For T-Mobile - T-Mobile G1 - Batteries - Fommy.com This one is 2400mAH but it will make the phone fatter. Worth it if you're traveling or know you won't be near a charger for many hours.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree that a task killer app would be a great place to start.

Just my 2 cents......I've tried several myself, but I found "Advanced Task Manager" to be my app of choice. It's one of two paid apps I have installed and does a great job. Good luck in your quest for the longer battery life.