On Screen Push Notifications - confused iPhone deserter!!

mudrubble

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I want to be able see my notifications ON SCREEN and have them demand some kind of input from me.

On iPhone I could set a reminder and when the time came it would wake up my screen, display the notification, demand input from me (such as click OK, go to the app, snooze the reminder, etc) or else persist and stay in my face. If my screen went to sleep, when I woke it back up, the notification was staring me in the face!

I?m new to Samsung, and I LOVE everything about the S5 compared to the iPhone except that I can?t seem to figure out how to actually be notified when an app sends me a notification. A sound and a tiny flash on the notification area at the top of my screen cannot remind me to do anything, especially if I?m not near the phone at the time. It?s as good as not having a reminder in the first place!

So my question:

Is there any way, either natively or using apps, to have notifications DISPLAY ON SCREEN AND PERSIST until responded to or interacted with??

I don?t need the screen to stay awake, but if it falls asleep and I put in my PIN, I want to see the notification I missed! In my face! ?Pushed? to me, on my screen (not pushed to a mess of a notification panel).

Good Android folks, who I don?t believe are living with this limitation, please help me! How do I do this?? Could it be that iPhone is the only platform with true Push (to the user) Notifications??

Help please!!

mudrubble

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
And, sorry, let me please add that I'm not looking to have emails, texts, whats app messages, or facebook updates pushed primarily so I'm not looking for an app that is limited to sending SMS to screens of locked phones, for example.

I'm looking to have reminders I set (do x at 2pm, do y at 3:30....) pushed to my main screen, so I need a solution that goes beyond email and SMS, etc.

Thanks in advance.

PLEASE HELP! I'm like a useless blob without reminders. I have no more memory so I really rely on this, as a previous iPhone user!

mudrubble

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Another clue is the fact that my alarm programs have no problem waking up the phone, pushing a screen to me, demanding an action "snooze" or "dismiss", snoozing and coming back in 5 minutes and doing it all over again. So the phone CAN do this. It's just that no reminder programs seem able to do it.....

What gives??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1