possibly lost texts? New to Android m8 from iP5

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
i switched from an ATT ip5 to a tmobile one m8 last thursday and have noticed a lack of texts. at first i thought i was unpopular suddenly but now i know at least one of my contacts texted me without it reaching me. on their end it still said i was on iMessage. im curious if this means i may have lost a number of texts during the transition.

so far the only people to text me are ones i texted first. thoughts, anyone? are there undelivered texts floating in the aether? can i retrieve them?

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If you didn't turn off iMessage on your iphone, you won't get any texts at all. If you don't have the iphone anymore, you will have to unregister your phone number with Apple either on their website or by calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i switched from an ATT ip5 to a tmobile one m8 last thursday and have noticed a lack of texts. at first i thought i was unpopular suddenly but now i know at least one of my contacts texted me without it reaching me. on their end it still said i was on iMessage. im curious if this means i may have lost a number of texts during the transition.

so far the only people to text me are ones i texted first. thoughts, anyone? are there undelivered texts floating in the aether? can i retrieve them?

It may also take some time for iMessage to deactivate, too.

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
If you didn't turn off iMessage on your iphone, you won't get any texts at all. If you don't have the iphone anymore, you will have to unregister your phone number with Apple either on their website or by calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys. on apple's support profile page my number was still listed but neither sms or voice were checked. i deleted them. is this what you mean? or will i have to call apple to super-undo it?

is it possible to retrieve msgs that went undelivered? there havent been any imessage enabled devices on my account since last monday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci