Looking to switch

Firefighter200

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using a BB Verizon device and I have been on the fence about switching over. I have heard good things about the Incredible. Is there a better Android phone out there? What should I look for in a Android phone and also what is the latest software release out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Better is always highly subjective. You'd need to qualify exactly what you mean by the word in order to get meaningful suggestions. As for what to look for, again, that depends on you. What do you need/want?

Froyo/2.2 is the latest released version of the Android OS.

Check out Google Phone Gallery

DroydNoob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible or as the users call it "DINC" is one the older phones but a good one. However Droid X is cool with a 4.3" screen and so is the new Samsung Fascinate with a 4" screen and a super amoled screen Samsung makes great TV's so the screens are nice on the phones. Do you require a physical keyboard like the droid2 or all touch? I completely understand though which one to get is painful as I recently went through that drama :)

I selected the Samsung Fascinate which will be in my hands in a couple days. For me is was a split between Droid X and the Samsung. But I also picked up a droid 2 and that wasnt too bad either.

Do this - go into the Verizon store and pickup a few of them try typing on them try the apps etc and that will prolly help you make choice. All kinds of users will tell you all kinds of thoughts which is good but at the end of the day it is ultimatly up to YOU.

Last edited:

DroydNoob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased the Samsung Fascinate. This was a long drawn out decision for me regarding the Droid x or the Sammy. Now I am on day 3 of owning the phone I like it.
things I do not like are the plasticy feel of it. It just feels to me it will break. It is very light. the gorilla glass is nice and the screen is wow.

Yesterday I was at a party and someone had the droid x. I played with thatg a bit and I loved the feel and build of it. It doesnt feel slippery like my sammy does. Since I am within my 30 days I may switch to the X. I just liuke the way it feel in my hand and is not slippery. Yes it is a bit heavier but no big deal to me as I am a well proportioned individual.

Yes the screen side by side is nicer on the Sammy phone. but there are things I just like about the X. Still torn but may switch.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Better is always highly subjective.

Check out Google Phone Gallery

Yes, this. It really depends which phone YOU like best. For the most part they're all equally as "good". I'm glad Verizon has so many awesome Android phones to pick from now. I got my Droid in March, so I'm not sure there was another one at that point.. maybe the Inc was out then but I don't know.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a D2 today for testing. I'm kinda iffy on it....but I've had it for a few hours. I'm liking it more as I use it. Battery life was bad...but, as said..I'm getting used to it.

I'm still not sold after being a solid BB user...but...I'm trying.

Even if you don't root the phone and pay 20 or 30 bucks a month to use the phone as a WiFi hotspot, it's cheaper than their air card...which can only be used in one laptop at a time.

I'm learning...quickly!