android os using high background data in android 4.4.2

abhinit karna

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am using a MOTO X with android 4.4.2. The android OS has high background data usage only in cellular connection. There is no such issue in WIFI connection. I hav turned off auto backup, deleted Google+ and turned off all the syncs. Even after restricting background data the android os keeps using mobile data. I have done the factory reset once but even that didn't solve the problem. I hope you can help me with it.
Thanks,
Abhinit

Rabbit_67

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a Moto G and have noticed the same issue for about a week now.
Previously I never had that kind of background data leak of the Android OS "app" in mobile data screen. (edit: i have of course enable "restrict background data").
I recently started using Google Keep, Motorola Assist, and the Sleep app. Google Keep has its own icon in the mobile data menu and has only used 6.67KB, whereas "Android OS" is using up to 1MB per minute if I enable mobile data.
Any clues?
Edit: when I enable mobile data, it is to use the Dungeon Keeper (rubbish) app. Not sure if it's not related.
Regards,
JW

Last edited:

Jordan Feero

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I also have this problem with my moto x. What I've been doing is just keep the mobile data on for a full day and just let it do whatever it's doing. I've made many calls to both Google and Motorola and neither can tell me why Android is gobbling all of my MBs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2