samsung galaxy centura won't turn on

Brenda Adank

May 2, 2014
Visit site
While using my phone, it just turned off. My battery was at about 50%. I have removed the battery and SD card for several minutes, put them back in and charged phone over night. The phone will not turn back on. While plugged in the screen flashed on and off a few times but just a plain white screen. The charger is works on other phones. The phone has not been wet or dropped. Any advice on DYI fixes?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there any sign of life? Led?

Try booting into recovery. It should be hold home + volume up + power. If nothing, then the quickest and cheapest fix is to replace the battery. If still nothing then there may be nothing you can do outside of sending it for repair, which may end up being a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Calliesmom

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Phone will not turn on, tried calling it and got "person you called has a voice mail box that has not been set up" It is fully charged. What now?

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there any sign of life? Led?

Try booting into recovery. It should be hold home + volume up + power. If nothing, then the quickest and cheapest fix is to replace the battery. If still nothing then there may be nothing you can do outside of sending it for repair, which may end up being a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I would buy a Battery, or just take it to your carrier.

Michelle White5

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
The power button in my Centura has stopped working a couple of times. My solution was to hold both volume up and power buttons at the same time. You will go into the Android menu allowing you to reset etc. I just hit reboot rather than reset and the phone will turn on. One time I had to do this twice as I tested the phone and it did not turn on the next time. Might need to be completely reset, which is in the same menu, if just rebooting the phone does not work.