Viewing, editing, and saving lens blur photos

hochstrasser

May 2, 2014
Visit site
After I take a lens blur photo using the Google Camera app, I can swipe to the right to view the photo and adjust the blur. After I select "done," the photo updates with my blur options. However, when I exit the camera and view this photo using Google Photos, the lens blur options I chose are not there and it's not possible to edit the lens blur. It seems I have to open the camera and swipe right in order to see the lens blur effects.

Can I only adjust lens blur options within the camera app itself?
Can I only view the lens blur effects within the camera app?

If this is the case, if seems this is a waste of the lens blur feature. After I make adjustments to the blur and select done, that's the image that should be saved and viewable by Google Photos, Gallery, and backed up to Google+.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's odd, it works for me. After I took a lens blur photo, I edited the blur, then tapped Done. It took another 10 seconds or so to render it again, but once it was done, the adjusted blur was readily seen in any gallery app.

Did you let the Photos app finish the rendering process?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

hochstrasser

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried it again this morning and got some better results. Here's what happens:

I take a lens blur photo.
I adjust the blur.
I wait for it to finish rendering.
I exit the camera.
I open the gallery app that came with the moto x.
The correct image blur image is shown.
I open the Google Photos app.
The non image blur photo is shown.

Here's what I think is going on. I have Google Photos set up to automatically back up photos. I believe the photo gets backed up so quickly that it happens before I make adjustments to the image blur. Now, whenever I view this image using Google Photos, it references this originally backed up file and for some reason ignores the new image with the blur effect. I confirmed this by turning off auto backup, taking a picture, adjusting it's blur, and viewing it in Google Photos. The blurred image is shown.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay