Google Maps won't interrupt car stereo to give directions via Bluetooth

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new 2014 Chevy Sonic and I have paired my Huawei H881C to the car stereo. Once for "Phone" and once for "Music". Right now I can play the car radio music OR press a button on the car stereo that says "Media" and select "Bluetooth" which turns the car radio music off and lets the GPS voice directions come through the car stereo speakers but no music. I can't have both, the car radio music and GPS voice directions at the same time. Seems like the music volume should mute while the GPS directions are given then return to the previous volume and continue playing the music I had going. Instead it's "either or". Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The same exact thing was happening to me. You can download SoundAbout and under "Text-To_Speech behavior" change the "Audio output" to the bluetooth type of your car.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not perfect but it works. You have to set a delay or the beginning of the directions get cut off. Also if you are in Bluetooth media mode in your car, the directions get repeated.

Orchid9

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Can someone help me? I have a Honda Accord 2013. My smart phone (Samsong S5) works with the bluetooth for calls and text. But not for the GPS on the phone (Maps). It does not work for radio either (radio station I downloaded _ an application on the phone)
Thanks in advance

!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12