Automatic Backup of Media

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm tired of losing images from my wifes phone when a SD card dies. So I'm looking for a solution that allows me to automatically backup her media (Pictures and Videos) that we(her and I) have taken to a Mobile Personal Cloud (on my network) that is hooked up to a External Hard drive Ultimately I'd love for it to just upload from anywhere even. Yes I know of google auto backup and even Drop box but i can't be sure she is going to want one of those solutions as it'll be in the cloud... whats my options... TIA!

RobAl33

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a iomega NAS drive, which I backup all picture/videos too from mine and my wife's phones. I use an app called 'sweet home WIFI Picture backup'. I have setup it up to transfer via FTP because of my NAS, can be sent manually or as I have set up whenever we plug the phone into charge.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a iomega NAS drive, which I backup all picture/videos too from mine and my wife's phones. I use an app called 'sweet home WIFI Picture backup'. I have setup it up to transfer via FTP because of my NAS, can be sent manually or as I have set up whenever we plug the phone into charge.

I was looking into this option and I like the fact that it allows this but i was hoping that I could do something also if i was not in the same town as I do have static IP's so i could do it remotely

RobAl33

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was looking into this option and I like the fact that it allows this but i was hoping that I could do something also if i was not in the same town as I do have static IP's so i could do it remotely

This app won't work for you then, it only works on wifi, and looks for one specified connection too.