Network vs Wi-Fi

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
When I run a speedtest from my house, my 4glte(according to ookla) is twice as fast as my Wi-Fi. Both downloads and uploads. But, when I watch my slingbox on Wi-Fi its a clear image, on the network it's grainy and pixelated. Why is this if it's a faster connection on 4g? Shouldn't the picture quality be better or atleast the same?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
When I run a speedtest from my house, my 4glte(according to ookla) is twice as fast as my Wi-Fi. Both downloads and uploads. But, when I watch my slingbox on Wi-Fi its a clear image, on the network it's grainy and pixelated. Why is this if it's a faster connection on 4g? Shouldn't the picture quality be better or atleast the same?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well, let me tell you one thing that the faster internet connection does means that a low quality video will be converted to high quality, I would say the picture quality depends on the video i.e. it is supporting the HD mode or not like you should have encounter in youtube when you switch the video quality to low then no matter how fast the internet connection is your video will get pixlated while if you change the video quality to HD then no matter how slow the internet connection is you will be getting good quality video (yes you need to wait a bit longer to get the buffering completed). Why don't you look onto the video a bit more closer so you can alter the video quality, I am sure there might be some option to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34