NEED HELP

cableguy867

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Galaxy S4 that I've been using straight talk on (not sure that that makes a difference) but the other night I had left it on the charger all night, and when I woke up in the morning it was stuck on the AT&T logo. Well I tried to restart it multiple times, each time it would stop on the at&t screen. So I googled to find out what other people had done to solve this issue and I tried a few things to no avail. I went into the recovery menu and wiped the cache several times. I tried factory resetting. I tried kies with it not working either, it just says "You're firmware is already updated." I downloaded the "I337UCUAMDL_I337ATTAMDL_I337UCUAMDL" file and used odin but it keeps saying secure check fail pit. I know I should be being more cautious...
I'm not sure what my firmware is because I don't remember ever upgrading. I hate to post stuff and irritate the users on here. But if anyone would offer me some suggestions to solve this I would greatly appreciate it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you still having problems? If so, remove the battery and let it sit for a few hours. Reinsert the battery and try booting it. If not boot, consider a battery replacement. Otherwise, it may require a trip to the carrier store or to be sent to Samsung for a look.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Save some time and bring it to a Best Buy if you have to bring it anywhere. They have Samsung people there (ask in the cellphone section) who might be able to help you. Even reflashing the firmware the phone has in it may either fix the problem or give then a clue as to what's wrong. (A common problem is that some part of main memory has failed. Reflashing would reveal that. It's not a cheap repair, but at least you'd know.)

And no, leaving it on the charger all night didn't cause the problem. The charging circuit in the phone stops charging the battery when it reaches full charge, even when the charger is still connected. I've had phones on a charger for months, and never had a problem with the phone or the battery. (Don't ask why, but when you own a few phone stores, strange things can happen.)

cableguy867

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I didn't think it was leaving it on the charger really. I figured it probably tried to update and something may have interfered with the process and bricked it or something along those lines. It was acting kinda funny though that day. The screen lagged a little whenever I unlocked it and sometimes would be gray. I appreciate the input, I'm going to go by Best Buy today and see if they can solve it. Thanks again. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463