Help with whatsapp voice notes please

pbector

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi this is my first post on this...so apologies if I have posted this in wrong section.

I am not a computer/phone expert, but if anyone is able to help me with this, I would be VERY grateful:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, android version 4.1.2. In my previous samsung galaxy ace, all my voicenotes were easily accessible.

In the different folders on this galaxy s3mini, although the videos & pictures & my sent voice notes are easily accessible, the received voice notes are not. When I choose the folder of "my files>sdcard>whatsapp>media>whatsapp voicenotes there are sub folders with different dates eg 201420 etc but on opening each of them all that is there is a .nomedia file.

Having tried to research this on google, I understand people create such files to avoid them being scanned, but in my case, how can I access all of the received voicenotes from whatsapp which were stored under these folders in my previous samsung phone.

Please could you give me some advice, thanks in advance :)

luai84

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I faced the same problem. I found many Voice Note folder ( 201440 to 201430) empty but I didn't know the reason. I didn't delete any voice message.

KernalGobz

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Did you find a solution? i have the same problem. I'm trying to recover voice notes of a friend of mine who passed away. I have never deleted voice notes from her and i would love to listen to them again.

Hollow777

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Having a similar problem. Deleted a conversation and all the voice notes deleted with it. I have similar files under the Voice Notes folder, all showing as 0 KB. I have tried Android data recovery too, but could not retrieve them. Any help would be much appreciated, those notes are very precious to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair