Moto Droid Bionic XT875 dead

Timothy Ready

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for some help for my bionic. I can't get it to power up. At first it would begin splash screen and go no further but now won't even do that. I have removed the battery seveal time, and for differing amounts of time, (up to overnight). I plug in the charger and get the white light on top, but only for a while. I have also tried using my charging stand as well. I have tried factory reset, and all other tricks with no good result. Is the battery dead? I bought this refurbished for about $50 bucks and only use for wifi and tunes etc., but still would like to use the thing.

Any advice would be appreciated, so thanks and advance,

Tim

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some help for my bionic. I can't get it to power up. At first it would begin splash screen and go no further but now won't even do that. I have removed the battery seveal time, and for differing amounts of time, (up to overnight). I plug in the charger and get the white light on top, but only for a while. I have also tried using my charging stand as well. I have tried factory reset, and all other tricks with no good result. Is the battery dead? I bought this refurbished for about $50 bucks and only use for wifi and tunes etc., but still would like to use the thing.

Any advice would be appreciated, so thanks and advance,

Tim

I think it may be the battery. Try a replacement and see if you have success. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Timothy Ready

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you both for the advice, I ordered one today. When I get it straitened out I'm gonna be asking how to root it. I had no problems rooting my Galaxy Tab 2 but haven't had any luck so far with the Bionic. I will let you know if the battery works out.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did some searching on this, aka the white light of death, and the general consensus is the battery is too drained to do anything and you should charge it a while for the light to go out before the phone will power up. If that's not working, then I agree, replace the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech