Faulty s3 need remove photos desperately!!

cazzyclay

May 30, 2014
Visit site
my phone had been experiencing the occasional sudden death syndrome where the phone turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on unless I removed and replaced the battery, but this was so occasional I thought nothing of it. But a few days ago the phone suddenly started looping turning itself off, then back on by itself, but before completing start up doing it all over again. I tried searching online for fixes but all involved things like reset factory settings, which involve the phone staying on long enough to be able to navigate to the settings...the phone lasts about 10/15 seconds before dying again. I contacted my service provider who sold me the phone on contract, and was informed it is under warranty so I arranged to take it in for repair, but was told that the phone would be wiped of ALL data due to data protection, including photos.
I have tried plugging it into my pc, but it won't let me download anything..the usual message I get on my pc saying media connected what do you wish to do, does not come up.
This is exactly what is happening to the phone at present:
Phone turns on, samsung galaxy logo comes up
The network logo comes up then it sits with just samsung logo and blue light on
Screensaver comes on then it displays message "currently unable to download. Please try again later" followed by "Power Saving Mode Enabled"..
The phone then dies within about 5 seconds and all the above happens again.
I have tried transferring the contacts to the sim but again it dies before it can even finish loading.
I have seen I could get an SD micro card, but if i can't format it in time before it turns off, or in time to move the photos how will this work?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you replaced the battery with a new one? That sounds like the problem and could be the simple fix.

Otherwise, there's no way to pull the photos without the device staying on long enough for you to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the battery bulged? Take it out for a few minutes, place it on a flat surface like a table with no tablecloth, and try to spin it. If it does, it is bad, and the bulge in the center of the battery may be causing a bad connection, which can look like a boot loop.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is the battery bulged? Take it out for a few minutes, place it on a flat surface like a table with no tablecloth, and try to spin it. If it does, it is bad, and the bulge in the center of the battery may be causing a bad connection, which can look like a boot loop.

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip!

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz