How to put downloaded videos on android tablet?

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
g day all
ive got a video i brought for the kids ,on my sony xperia z2 tablet,in the sony movie app.as chromecast is just arrived in australia,id like to play it on our tv,but its not supported by chromecast yet,luckily my google purchased movies are,so heres my problem-
is there an app i could use to copy that video,in my sony album and then transfer it to an app i just installed called allcast,ive tried everything to try and transfer it,but cant,hope this makes sense ,it would be a great help if someone can suggest an app,
cheeres john

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: downloaded videos on android tablet

g day all
ive got a video i brought for the kids ,on my sony xperia z2 tablet,in the sony movie app.as chromecast is just arrived in australia,id like to play it on our tv,but its not supported by chromecast yet,luckily my google purchased movies are,so heres my problem-
is there an app i could use to copy that video,in my sony album and then transfer it to an app i just installed called allcast,ive tried everything to try and transfer it,but cant,hope this makes sense ,it would be a great help if someone can suggest an app,
cheeres john
If the video was purchased through Sony it's unlikely that you can transfer the video to another folder on the sd card. If you know where the file is stored try moving it into the media folder. See if that helps. Otherwise, I'm not sure of any other way to stream that video onto the television.