Pairing Galaxy 5S to Ipad can't get connected?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What are you trying to do? Android devices and iOS devices are essentially incompatible when it comes to Bluetooth. So you can't transfer files via Bluetooth, and you can't use one as a speaker for the other. You could use one as a wi-fi tether for the other, but that doesn't sound like what you're asking.

catnet

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
When I had my Iphone I could use my Iphone as a personal Hotspot when Iost Wifi connection in my TV Room. I want to be able to do this with my Galaxy 5S. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree with my terminology but I need some help. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I see. I was confused by the term "pairing," because that usually refers to Bluetooth.

The ability to use your S5 as a mobile hotspot depends on your carrier and your plan. Some plans include free tethering up to a certain monthly amount (my T-Mobile unlimited data plan allows me to use my phone as a tether for up to 5 GB/month), but other carriers require you to pay an extra fee to use the hotspot function. What carrier do you have?

If your hotspot is active, then you should be able to set it up by naming it and setting up a password for it (highly recommended so that no one else can piggyback off your tether and use up your data), then toggle it on from the Quick Settings. Once it's on, then on your iPad, you can look for that hotspot and connect.

catnet

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I am with Telstra Mobile and have 1GB/Month but unsure is that has anything to do with tethering. Should I ring them to find out?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's probably the easiest. I just checked the Telstra website, and it's not immediately clear if there is a charge or not. It might also vary with the plan. Keep in mind that tethering is an easy way to use a lot of data, so you can use up your 1 GB somewhat quickly if you're not careful!