Is it possible to root Galaxy Note 3 and delete all of Samsung's bloatware except for s-pen software

Jas00555

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So the very long title says it all. My friend has a Galaxy Note 3 and he can't stand touchwiz (and frankly, I can't blame him), so he really wants to root his phone, but the only bloatware that he uses on it from Samsung is the S-pen software, so he really wants to keep that. Is there any way to root the phone to get rid of only certain Samsung software or is it an all or none?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, he could root to get rid of the Samsung bloatware but it will get rid of S Pen functions too. There are apps that could possibly replicate S Pen though.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So if he roots his phone, all of the Samsung apps will disappear? It's all or nothing?
Pretty much.

An Android Open Source Project (AOSP) ROM will be pure vanilla Android, no TW at all. Some Samsung apps aren't available on the Play Store either but there may be some apps that are comparable to S Pen.

Another option would be to root and flash a TW ROM but freeze some of the other apps but I don't know how that will affect features on his phone.