Samsung Kies sync

gkwhite

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone any clues about using Samsung Kies (version 2.3.2.12074_13) when it stops working properly? When I try to sync my S4 contacts and schedule with Outlook (Windows 7 and Office 2010) , the syncing stops at 40% although it has been working OK for about a year.

Any clues welcome

Cheers
Gerry

supersadie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Kies no longer syncs with Outlook calendar. After eight frustrating months trying to figure out an answer, it was simpler than I thought.
1 go into calendar and go file/save calendar
2 select more options to change 'availability only' to 'full details' then save as an ical to your desktop
3 connect your phone and drag and drop the ical file into a file folder like android
4 when you double click the file you find all your calendar events in your S Planner

gkwhite

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Wow! How on earth you found that solution is beyond me but I imagine discovery was so very frustrating. As much as I love my Samsung S4 Android, this could spell its death as a useful tool because my work requires MS Office and until now syncing has not really been an issue. First, I lost syncing my notes with S4 and now my calendar. It seems to me that Samsung has just taken a wrong turn. I note that it is introducing its own mobile phone OS which seems to confirm this view.

I tried your very clever solution and after several goes, it worked fine and all of the schedule data was transferred.

But I am now looking around again after having a fabulous solution for two years that is now broken and I am disappointed in Samsung.

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate the time and expertise that you have given me.

Cheers
Gerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome