Google Play Store Doesn't Work Anymore.

Frankieanime158

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an ASUS Memo Pad HD 7, bought brand new. The device has been working fine,
no problems for the month I have had it. But today, every time I tried downloading
an app from the Google Play Store, it gave me a server error (RPC S-3). So I tried
looking up some fixes, like clearing the data, logging out of all of my accounts,
and rebooting. None of the fixes corrected the problem. But after deleting all of
the data and cache, google play store than couldn't connect at all, and kept asking
me to "Retry" connecting. All of my other internet using apps were fine. Facebook
messaging and such. Than I went to look for more solutions, but the majority of
everyone, was suggesting, force stopping "Google Play Services", but no matter where
I looked in my settings>apps>all, it wasn't in there at all. Or in my task managers
or anything. So I than uninstalled google play store completely, and tried downloading
it again from a trusted source, as well as google play services. Installed them both,
but when I login to my google account, and go to download an app, it crashes, and
says "Unfortunately google play has stopped working". I tried 2 versions of the Play
store. 4.8 (the new one), and 4.6 I believe. But no matter what it doesn't let me get
into it anymore. So now I'm left, without Google Play Services, and the Google Play
Store. I really don't want to try and search for the stock asus memo pad rom, and
install. Since I live far from town, with satellite internet that barely hits 60 kb/s,
with a 900 ping, and a very tight bandwidth cap, which usually drops downloads. Than
I also won't want to completely wipe the tablet of everything just to install it,
losing everything. There HAS to be some sort of fix, so please help me out, I have
no idea what to do.

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. But at least I found
an awesome Android forum site. Gonna start using this ! Thanks in advance for replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I hate to recommend it but I think a factory reset would be your best option. I know its not something you want to do but it really sounds like things are out of wack on the device and this is needed.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting app preferences. Sometimes it helps with Play issues. Settings>Apps>Menu>reset app preferences.

Frankieanime158

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Alright guys, thanks for the help ! Just wanted a second opinion before I lost all hope .-. Haven't had any luck, so just gonna go ahead and restore .-.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87