MAC Addres Blocked

Ysmael Magabo

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app like I can install to my root htc android phone so that I can be unblocked from accessing the router? I think our network admin blocked my phones IP address to prevent me from spoofing the network. Thanks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is that at work? There must have been a good reason they did it, and I'd tread VERY carefully as you could put your employment in jeopardy.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It would also be unauthorized access to a computer network, which falls under terrorism statutes (which could mean a free paid vacation to the south coast of Cuba until they find your papers [which flew out of the plane over the ocean]).

Just changing the MAC address of a device itself is still a federal crime, regardless of why you do it. (Routers are still made with the ability to spoof MAC addresses, but that's a holdover from the days that the ISP would lock the account to one MAC address and, until you could get them and have them change the MAC address on your account to the one on your new router, you'd spoof the address of the old router. If two devices with the same MAC address ever appear on the same network (and the internet is a network), there's going to be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech