How do YOU exit apps?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys/gals generally exit apps? Do you simply hit the home button when you're done or do you back out to the home screen?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All depends.

If there is an exit option I will use that (as long as its not buried multiple menus in :p )

Otherwise I back out or return to home screen then usually before finishing my tasks with the device at that time I will hit my recent apps list and close them all out.

Good question though! I'm sure many just return to HOME screen and assume that or the OS will close it out when that isn't always true.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Either the back button or the home button, really depends on my mood. Just because an app is in the recent apps list doesn't mean it's still running. I pay no attention to that list unless I'm actually switching between apps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Simply hit the home button usually.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I usually exit via the home button and will often let the OS handle what needs to be closed on it's own. Backing all the way out or existing via the option in the menu would be the way to close out the app if you no longer want it running (aside from closing via the task manager).

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I ask because I wonder if it even matters! Does just hitting the home button cause apps to keep running in the background?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I ask because I wonder if it even matters! Does just hitting the home button cause apps to keep running in the background?

You don't need to worry about apps running in the background. Android will take care of that for you :)

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to worry about apps running in the background. Android will take care of that for you :)
that's good to know! I used to think there was an issue with the efficiency with which it handled background apps but maybe I'm wrong!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the app is actually doing something, as opposed to waiting for you to do something, it does take CPU power (and slows the phone down). But if you have a text editor or Gallery or a browser open, they'll just sit there, If Android needs the space they're taking for something else, it'll just kill the app (or some other app - which is the only problem. If I'm not using an app any more, I'll close it, so Android doesn't close an app I might want to get back to later.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool