I'm considering switching form my Treo 680 to an HTC My Touch 3G. Can you do the following with Android: 1. Get my notes/memos from my Treo (or Outlook) to the Android device? 2. Get my tasks (to do's) from Outlook to the Android device? 3. Can I tether the Android phone to my PC to share the Android phone's internet connection with the PC? If yes to these, then how? Thanks
    07-07-2009 10:02 PM
    use android handset as modem by installing pdanet on both pc and handset. free version has https sites blocked, but 1x 30.00 fee will fix that.
    04-19-2010 08:46 PM
    I believe "Tether" also has a similar tethering app. Not sure if it's out of beta yet though.
    04-20-2010 02:00 AM
    I too will be switching to Android in the near future (currently using a Touch Pro 2).

Is there a WiFi router app for Android or do you have to install something on the PC before you can tether?

HTC has a pretty awesome WiFi router app on Windows Mobile that lets you turn you turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot. You can also use it to tether via USB or even bluetooth, and I'm pretty sure you don't need to install anything on the computer (but I only use the WiFi so I could be wrong on the not needing to install anything on the computer for USB or bluetooth). There is also a paid app called WM WiFI Router that does the same thing.

Is there anything like that on Android? I use it all the time right now so I'd like to have it ready to go on day 1 when I switch if possible.

I know the Evo is supposedly going to have something built in that does this, but I am looking for an option that doesn't charge me extra every month...
    04-27-2010 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD