Understanding Criteria For A Page Plus Cellular Compatible Phone

tinker1234

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using Page Plus Cellular and I would like to get a new phone. I want a phone bigger than the ones they sell. They told me I could get a phone on my own, but it would have to meet certain criteria:

1. "In general you can use any unlocked, Verizon-compatible, CDMA phone on our network."

2. "Page Plus does not use SIM cards on our network. As such, phones that use SIM cards cannot be activated with Page Plus. "

They also stated they will not provide troubleshooting and that some phones while working for voice, will not work for data.

I do not know much about smart phones.

How can I tell, window shopping on the web, if a phone uses a SIM card or not?

What does CDMA mean and how can I tell if a phone is CDMA?

Does buying my own phone to fit this criteria seem risky in terms of having everything work or is this something people do often?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What it basically means is that if it's not their phone it has to be a Verizon phone. (The only other CDMA phone in the US would be Sprint-compatible, and that's not Verizon-compatible.)

Look on Swappa for used Verizon phones, buy one outright from Verizon or buy one from Page Plus.

Just remember 2 things if you buy it from anyone other than Page Plus:

If there's a problem, you find your own repair shop (unless you bought it new from Verizon).

You won't get any Android updates, since Page Plus only updates their own phones, and Verizon only updates phones used on a Verizon account.