Does the Nova L./Launcher Pro have mosaic photo wallpaper?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Nova L./Launcher Pro Questions...

I have a brand new Note II that I've only had for 3 days. On the 2nd day, I experienced considerable lag. Initially, I decided to return it, but some members suggested that I use Nova L. or Launcher Pro to make the phone faster. I liked the mosaic live photo wallpaper of the regular stock launcher...my question is does Nova or Launcher Pro have a live mosaic photo wallpaper? Do these launchers really make the phone faster? Please help me with one or both of the above questions...thanks for all of your help! :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nova L./Launcher Pro Questions...

I have a brand new Note II that I've only had for 3 days. On the 2nd day, I experienced considerable lag. Initially, I decided to return it, but some members suggested that I use Nova L. or Launcher Pro to make the phone faster. I liked the mosaic live photo wallpaper of the regular stock launcher...my question is does Nova or Launcher Pro have a live mosaic photo wallpaper? Do these launchers really make the phone faster? Please help me with one or both of the above questions...thanks for all of your help! :)

Hi!

Nova Launcher is a launcher that imitates completely stock android. While it overlays on top of your phone, a lot of things will be unaffected, such as the ability to choose wallpapers. You can still use the live mosaic wallpaper. As for performance, it does help the phone in some way. The only real way for you to find out if it helps the phone is for you to actually try it out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&token=noCA_Red

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Hi!

Nova Launcher is a launcher that imitates completely stock android. While it overlays on top of your phone, a lot of things will be unaffected, such as the ability to choose wallpapers. You can still use the live mosaic wallpaper. As for performance, it does help the phone in some way. The only real way for you to find out if it helps the phone is for you to actually try it out.

Does my phone have to be rooted? Also, will the Note II's capabilities, S pen, multi-tasking, etc. be affected?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The App description does not mention root. It will not wipe your data or compromise functions.

It's just a different look for the home screens(s) and App Drawer. It's what is known as "eye candy."

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

The phone does not have to be rooted. You can access any apps as you want and use the S Pen as well. Again, it won't hurt to try it out for yourself!

I will certainly give it a try...Would you suggest Nova L. or Launcher Pro for the fastest, cleanest experience? Thanks again!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Try the free version first and see if you like it. Then go "Pro" if you decide to keep it. :D

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

The App description does not mention root. It will not wipe your data or compromise functions.

It's just a different look for the home screens(s) and App Drawer. It's what is known as "eye candy."

Thanks for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Try the free version first and see if you like it. Then go "Pro" if you decide to keep it. :D

Didn't realize there was a free version.... cool!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

No problem. Come back to AndroidCentral if you run into any problems or have more questions.

Thanks...1 more question: (I'm making a list of all the things I should do after returning from a hard reset.) I saw suggestions about turning off animations in the Dev Options...should I turn the 3 categories (animations and transitions) to NONE or 0.5 or leave it at the default 1?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks...1 more question: (I'm making a list of all the things I should do after returning from a hard reset.) I saw suggestions about turning off animations in the Dev Options...should I turn the 3 categories (animations and transitions) to NONE or 0.5 or leave it at the default 1?

Setting it to None will definitely reduce the load on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois