isit harmful and unsafe to Defra my Cache each day

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a few apps I use to maintain my phone for i.e , ccleaner , clean master du speed and all-in-one-toolbox which basicly just cleans up junk files and gives a boost to memory , but I have a app called defrag-Cache and it only allows me to use once a day , But would you say it is not safe or safe to use , ty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it this one? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.mdvs.apps&token=-UrzUUzw. It looks like all it does is clear your app caches, the same way your other apps do. It just does so with some animation.

It probably only allows you to clear the app caches once a day because doing it multiple times a day may actually be counterproductive. The caches are used by apps to store temporary data for quick retrieval (e.g., recently visited webpages on Chrome). It's true that if they become monstrously large, they can slow the system down. But if you constantly clear the app caches, apps might take a little bit longer to do what you want them to do.

I would just stick with one of those apps.

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
what one would you stick with as , See the app you mentioned as in the once that defrags the cache with the link you put in that is the one I use , and it only allows you to do it like maybe twice at the most each day , so with me doing it every day is it harmful or is it ok.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably stick with CleanMaster, which is one of the more popular apps. I used to use All-in-One Toolbox, but found that it actually used up quite a bit of RAM when running, so it was hard to really tell how the system was running.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest only 2 things.

1) Don't use apps that remove other apps from RAM. That's counterproductive - it actually makes Android's memory manager work worse.

2) The memory in a phone (any solid state memory) has a finite number of write cycles. Clearing the cache when it doesn't need to be cleared (IOW, when the phone hasn't started to slow down) eats up some of those write cycles.) I actually find that my phone only needs a cache clearing every few months, at most. Most apps are good at cleaning up after themselves. As far as defragging, it takes as long to change to the address of the next memory byte as it takes to change to the address of a byte half-way across the memory space. Defragging makes a lot of sense with a hard drive running an OS like Windows. It doesn't make much sense with solid state memory. (And there have been hard drive operating systems that were inherently unfragmentable. Space-inefficient, but fast.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie