Marketplace application disappeared after android update

ParkTic

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

after installing an Android OS update, the marketplace icon no longer works (says it has been removed or is no longer valid) nor can I create a new shortcut as the marketplace app itself no longer seems to be installed.

How can I get it back to work?

Thanks,
Patrick

iPhone.Wanted

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Get marketplace back (no need for factory reset!)

Hello all,

First post here but needed to let those having issues know what worked for me (DROID X recently over the air update to Froyo 2.2, which killed my android market). I will say I am phone newbie and was still able to do this in <15 minutes. I found the fix here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=2d18c1ad06262499&hl=en

I will copy and paste for ease, and all credit goes to tomarppe. IMPORTANT NOTE: make sure to follow the directions, regardless, on clearing old data at the bottom of this step-by-step guide to prevent force quits. Also I needed to POWER PHONE OFF AND THEN BACK ON after clearing data for new downloads and updates to work.

"To get the Market app back, without doing a factory reset. (SAVES ALL DATA AND APPS!!)

Install a file manager like.Estrongs or Astro
To make it less complicated load the Estrongs from here:

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/download/temp/1284764910_EStrongs_File_Explorer_1.4.5.apk

transfer it with e.g. bluetooth or USB to your phone and install.

After installing the File manager.

1. Go to internal memory root
2. navigate to /system/app
3. Locate Vending.apk
4. push on it to install it

It may force close the first time you run it but the second time it should work

If you still encounter Force Close or download issues. Do the following ( you might want to do it anyway as it is sometimes better to start with a clean slate)

1. Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications
2. Chose All
3. Find Market
4. Push on it and select Clear data

Now it should work as advertised"

Best of Luck All! Hope you didn't listen to others on Factory Reset!

J. Leupp

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12