Not even a noob yet question

Chuckleins

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in getting either the HTC Incredible or the Samsung Fascinate (need to stay Verizon) but my biggest issue is I need to be able to get my emails, update contacts and my calendar on a Mic. exchange server. I currently have a Samsung Windows mobile phone and can do this but I am not getting a worm/fuzzy feeling that this is done correctly and consistently with the above two phones. I like to be able to update contacts/calendar/emails via phone (and visa versa) and have them be updated on either my desktop or on my phone via the push feature. Is this a function of the android phones?

KeithBlaX07

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Wait for the Droid Pro, it's coming out sometime in the very near future, prob 2-3 weeks, and will do all of these things you mentioned beautifully. It's a business phone. Just google "Droid Pro" and you'll find all sorts of info.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in getting either the HTC Incredible or the Samsung Fascinate (need to stay Verizon) but my biggest issue is I need to be able to get my emails, update contacts and my calendar on a Mic. exchange server. I currently have a Samsung Windows mobile phone and can do this but I am not getting a worm/fuzzy feeling that this is done correctly and consistently with the above two phones. I like to be able to update contacts/calendar/emails via phone (and visa versa) and have them be updated on either my desktop or on my phone via the push feature. Is this a function of the android phones?
It is but you may want a different Exchange client than what comes stock on the device. I personally found stock Exchange support to be lacking and I use Touchdown but there are other clients to consider as well, such as RoadSync and Moxier. IIRC, K9 offers Exchange support as well.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
The nicest thing about Android is that if the stock app doesn't quite do it for you there are always other options. I agree that the Droid Pro is a good bet to wait for unless you really want the high-res, larger screen. If that's the case, I would investigate the third-party Exchange apps and go with either of the original options. Personally I would prefer the Incredible, but that's purely my preference and may not be yours.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There are apps that will let you do exactly what you want, but you might want to consider abandoning microsoft for contacts and calendars. Gmail is such a seemless and instant sync with your phone.