Install Cyanogenmod on Samsung Galaxy S 4 (Sprint) and can't activate

Thuan Duong1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I install cyanogenmod on my phone (SPH-L720) .I attempting to activate the phone with sprint I was informed the extra software installed was preventing activation.After trying several things including a factory reset the store staff recommended I return the phone because it was bricked as far as sprint activation. What should I do? I don't want to return the phone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try the Cyanogen forum site. They wrote it, so they know what's in it, and what you can try to do to make it work.

If nothing else works, see if Sprint can reflash the phone. If that doesn't work, your only options are to return the phone or buy a new one. (If you're hesitant about returning th phone because you'll be without a phone, ask Sprint if they'll temporarily activate a "dumb" phone while yours is away for repair. They probably will. Then check Craig's List for a Sprint phone for $10 or so, call Sprint to check the ESN [on an old phone like that, it's probably clean - someone just had it lying around and wants to get a few bucks], check the battery - even a one hour charge should give it enough power to let you know it can't get a connection - [make sure you get a charger with it], charge it fully, then take it to Sprint and turn in your phone and ask them to activate the dumb phone. At least you'll have a phone, with a camera and probably a web browser, until you get your phone back. For the price of a 10 year old dumb phone, everyone should have a spare for their current carrier, and charge the battery every 6 months or so.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis