transferring contacts

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
whats the easiest way to transfer my contacts,phone numbers etc from my samsung 4 phone to my sony xperia tablet,im looking to see how,but cant work it out
regards john

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are all of those contacts associated with your Google account or with the Phone Account? If they're associated with your Google account, they will sync automatically once you log in with your tablet. This is why I always recommend against entering contacts into the Phone Account--it's not as easy to move them to a new device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're not Google account contacts, export them as a csv file. Then go to https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts click More and Import the csv file you created. Then they'll all be Google account contacts. (You can also create vcf files when you export, but you have to import them one at a time, and if you have more than a few contacts, that's a lot of work.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I always get confused a little about CSV vs VCF files. I think I've been able to export contacts as a "multiple VCF" file, and import them as such, which fortunately makes it less of a hassle. But I can't recall the exact details at this moment.