How do I remove an Android Trojan smssend.ty from my mobile?

A

AC Question

how to remove android trojan smssend.ty from my mobile

I have tried to remove the trojan smssend.ty by malwarebytes, AVG, 360 security, Avast and all of these have failed. I have a prepaid mobile and it continues to nibble due to this trojan.

Need help, please send your guiding advice [email removed by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to remove android trojan smssend.ty from my mobile

Welcome to Android Central! That's a bummer. You might have to do a factory data reset. Before you do that, go to Settings>Backup & reset, and make sure "Backup my data" and "Automatic restore" are unchecked​, so that whatever might have installed before doesn't automatically install again.

EdnaCubbard

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi there

I have similar problem but automatic restore option is ticked but faded out so i cant untick it. Is there another way i can do it or is it the trojans evil work?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Some Trojans even go so far as to redirect your attempt to install an antivirus program, so you can't even do that. A ROM reflash will kill anything, though as long as you power off, then boot into download from a power off state. (It's the equivalent of getting rid of a Windows virus by reformatting the drive in a Linux computer. To Linux, the virus is just some file - it can't actually run. To the download partition, the Trojan is ... somewhere, but not in that partition. It's as dangerous to your phone as it would be if it were in my phone.