Facebook app constantly updating

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the Facebook app is constantly updating? Like everyday there's a new update but there's no changes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't happened to me. Are you sure the version number is changing?

It's not unusual for an app update again a day or so later--usually, it's a quick bug fix.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Is it still updating every day like that after uninstalling the FB app (if you can), rebooting the device, and reinstalling the FB app?

Tiffanydw2

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Just my personal preference: I uninstalled the Facebook app. It has updated twice and changed my privacy settings to Public *without my knowledge.* Be aware, though, that this leaves me with only the Facebook mobile site. I cannot quickly share things the "mobile way." It's akin to using the website on a PC, but fewer options. If I find something on another site, i.e. YouTube, I have to copy/paste the link, go back to Chrome tab for Facebook, post. I cannot share things from my private page on m.Facebook to my public page. There's simply no option anymore.
This means that I have to dl an image, go to Facebook Pages Manager, and upload.

It's worth it, to me, to keep my privacy.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it still updating every day like that after uninstalling the FB app (if you can), rebooting the device, and reinstalling the FB app?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it updates like everyday. I'm not sure why because as I've said before I see nothing different.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If Facebook is updating everyday through the play store then something is up. It's true that apps can often be updated, but I've not seen many updates lately from Facebook, at least not as frequent as described. Uninstall the reinstall the app and see if that fixes the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. Yes it updates like everyday. I'm not sure why because as I've said before I see nothing different.

Maybe it's just a status update. Checking, only to find that nothing has changed. And then recording that nothing has indeed happened in that time period. That's data too.

Qrisu

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here! Been updating every day atleast a year or something. Google play is showing the update even if turning automatic updates off.
Phone: MotoG 1st gen.
Android 4.4.4

(Didn't find anything else from google so i wrote here)