Requesting help choosing

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Howdy folks.

About to leave soon to go help my mom pick out an upgrade. I have upgraded to a Droid Maxx and love it. However, her fiance uses an LG g3.

She is NOT technically savvy, and gets too frustrated when trying to something new. Thus in this case it would make everyone's life easier when she get help using the new phone right in house rather than the on line the phone with me, given the interfaces are different.

Now, phone also has to be free. So we have two choices: a Maxx Like mine, or an LG G2. Given the facts of the situation... Which would you guys choose? I really love my Maxx but want to be sure to get what's best for her.

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You didn't specify, but I'm assuming Verizon is your carrier?

First, I highly recommend against getting cheap phones when you're using a contract carrier. I don't feel like typing it all up, but basically Verizon and AT&T build a device subsidy into your service plan so you get a much better value by buying a top of the line phone instead of a budget phone.

That said, the LG G3 is only $99 on contract right now. I'd say the G3 and the HTC One M8 are about tied (each has pros and cons) but given the fact that her fiance uses a G3 a G3 would be great for her.

If it really has to be free, the LG G2 is a much better phone than the Droid Maxx. Significantly better display, significantly better CPU and GPU, better camera, etc...

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Verizon.

Ran into some trouble getting a straight answer as to who had the authority to do an upgrade 7 days early. Apparently everyone involved thinks everyone else can do it. So we ended up going to a reseller (best buy), and got a g2 but admittedly that's only because they didn't have they Maxx :p

I'm quite happy with mine, I appreciate the rather stock interface, and the support; I'm running 444 and she's on 442 and I was unable to find a solid release schedule for 444 for the g2.

Phone had to be free yes, for financial reasons.

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2