I just switched over from Blackberry and am having trouble getting my new Epic 4G set up the way I want. I don't know if I am not seeing the options or if they aren't there. So I'll ask questions as I have them.

1. How do I set the different notification ringers? I found under settings how to change the default notification ringer, but what about email?

2. Can I give different people different ringers for SMS and email or only for calls?

3. Is there any way to silence the phone mid-ring for notifications? I tried pushing all the external buttons during the ring to no avail.

4. I am trying to use only the Google calendar to make it easier for future swaps. Under the calendar options I turned off My Calendar. Unfortunately, when I want to make a new appointment it still defaults to My Calendar.

I know that I have more questions, but this should get me started.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    10-27-2010 01:51 PM
    1. Open the email app up click the settings button then the touch the settings button, scroll down and choose the ringtone.

2.As far as I know you can't do it for SMS with the stock Epic. But for calls just open up Contacts and select person then edit then click the set ringtone button.

3. I havent tried to do that since my notifications are short.

4. Same here, i just switch it everytime I add something.

Hopefully I have helped somewhat.
    5111 likes this.
    10-27-2010 02:53 PM
    1. Open the email app up click the settings button then the touch the settings button, scroll down and choose the ringtone.
    That one worked. Thanks
    10-27-2010 05:25 PM
    Can anyone help with the other questions?

Plus I have a new one.

5. Swype? Can I use Swype with the on screen vertical keyboard but not for the on screen horizontal keyboard? Maybe I will change with practice, but I have trouble using my huge thumbs on the little on screen keyboard when it is vertical, but actually type very well when it is horizontal. I often don't even pull out the physical keyboard.
    10-28-2010 10:33 AM
    6. Is there any way to reprogram the camera button to something else?
    10-28-2010 07:10 PM
    Can anyone help with the other questions?

Plus I have a new one.

5. Swype? Can I use Swype with the on screen vertical keyboard but not for the on screen horizontal keyboard? Maybe I will change with practice, but I have trouble using my huge thumbs on the little on screen keyboard when it is vertical, but actually type very well when it is horizontal. I often don't even pull out the physical keyboard.
    you would have to change the input type each time you switch, BUT you can use swype like a regular keyboard and touch type in landscape if you prefer that method.
    10-28-2010 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD