Moving from Palm Pre to Evo 4G

numberpro

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am done for now the the Palm Pre. The Sprint Evo 4g looks good for me. So I have a simple question.

The retailers like amazon have good deals, but it always says with a new 2 year contract. How do existing customers get that price, without changing plans? What is the activation process? Thanks!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
if you're ready for an upgrade it'll give you that price when you go through the check out process. as for activation you call and activate the phone when it gets to you in the mail.

numberpro

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I went through the checkout process, but it says the price is for new customers only. But I already have a simply everything plan on my palm pre. So what happens when I buy with amazon as a new customer? I don't want to activate two plans.

The only reason I want to buy from amazon or bestbuy is to avoid the mail in rebate under sprint. Thanks!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I went through the checkout process, but it says the price is for new customers only. But I already have a simply everything plan on my palm pre. So what happens when I buy with amazon as a new customer? I don't want to activate two plans.

The only reason I want to buy from amazon or bestbuy is to avoid the mail in rebate under sprint. Thanks!
If it says new customers only, I know of no way around that. You would end up with two plans nearly doubling your price.

But first, Welcome!

As you are getting ready for the jump here are a couple of resources:

? Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android

? Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

If you are a Homebrewer with patches, here's the guide:
webOS Patches that Are Standard Android Features

Basically every app we wished for and our favorite patched are already here waiting for you. Palm may not listen to our pleas to add these features but Android does.

You are in for an amazing ride. Have fun!

myswagsblue

Banned
Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am done for now the the Palm Pre. The Sprint Evo 4g looks good for me. So I have a simple question.

The retailers like amazon have good deals, but it always says with a new 2 year contract. How do existing customers get that price, without changing plans? What is the activation process? Thanks!

if your uprgrading through sprint and doing on amazon the price you see is what youll pay for the phone most likely and call to activate like has been said

If it says new customers only, I know of no way around that.

also make sure your in the upgrade section if you choose to do it on amazon.

id recommend ebay but im guessing those listed are only new customers unless you come upon a upgrade listing

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance