I'm not sick of BlackBerry (BB). I love the whole package.

But I would like to have other options and recently I've noticed that WinMo/Android and basically no other operating system comes with the whole package as well integrated as a BB. And this is bothersome to me because at this rate I'm stuck with BB.

Guys is it possible to have at least 5 email accounts setup on a Android device (or WinMo)? Will it work as good as my BB does (AKA. Push E-mail)?

If not then what steps can I take to acquire said features (on an Android or WinMo device)? I'm willing to pay a MAX monthly fee of $30 if I have to. Which is what I'm actually paying BB at the moment for the whole "BlackBerry" thing.
    07-23-2009 12:15 PM
    I know very little about WinMo. I have been using Android for a little over a month now. I came from BlackBerry also. The answer to your question about push email working as smoothly as it does on BB is no. You can set up multiple accounts, but they won't push like the BB does. It's always kind of hit and miss. That is, of course, unless you are talking about Gmail. That works just fine. I set up a Yahoo email account and never got notified. I always had to check it manually. I just switched everything over to Gmail. That may not be an option for you though.
    08-13-2009 03:28 PM
    I have my phone set up to collect mail from both GMX and Hotmail - it's pull, not push, but you can set the update frequency and have never had any bother with it.
    08-14-2009 08:55 AM
    push email is overrated anyway.....unless your corporate why do you need push emaillll.....you can manually set your android to pull at intervals or open the inbox and itll pull em down......lol....moreover it drains the poo outta your battery to have it constantly checking
    09-14-2009 08:00 PM
    I have used all three and you can setup email on Win Mobile and Android to work just like BB. I have found Win Mobile and Android more reliable because they don't depend on the Blackberry servers routing your mail. As we have seen I believe that BB had over 6 outages this year alone and in 10 years using Windows Mobile I have never had an outage of email. I believe you can setup at least 10 pop accounts on both, maybe more. I have 7 pop accounts and use them on both devices with no problem. The HTML email works the best on Android, second on Win Mobile and third on BB.
    10-16-2009 11:34 AM
    On my BB POP email takes about 16 minutes to get pushed to my device.
    On my Hero I can set it to 15 minute pull, or I can have my Gmail acct check and get 1-2 minute notifications that I have new POP mail.

Come Monday I'll have 13 new Hero's to set up with Exchange, and I think I'll be very happy with the result. Goodbye and good riddance RIM and your outdated OS. As a plus I can go back to using one device for business and play.
    10-17-2009 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD