Tabbed Applications Drawer?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have seen some screen shots of an application drawer with tabs running down the right side of the screen for various categories (i.e., tools, web, games, etc.). The tabs look like the index dividers in a notebook. Can anyone tell me if this is a feature of a particular launcher or it's a separate app? Is it available for stock phones, without root? I tried to find a picture to show you what I'm talking about, but, of course, now I can't find it anywhere.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have seen some screen shots of an application drawer with tabs running down the right side of the screen for various categories (i.e., tools, web, games, etc.). The tabs look like the index dividers in a notebook. Can anyone tell me if this is a feature of a particular launcher or it's a separate app? Is it available for stock phones, without root? I tried to find a picture to show you what I'm talking about, but, of course, now I can't find it anywhere.

Nova Launcher (Prime) had that feature. Apex may also have it, so check both those out. For Nova, you need Prime and it's located under the app drawer settings (Nova settings - app drawer). You can set tabs or folders.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I was hoping someone would know and respond to this question. I looked at quite a few Nova screenshots, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for---yet I thought I remembered it was Nova that could do it. I wasn't sure if it was a feature that required rooting, though.

I have used Smart Launcher for some time and have been concerned that a more complex launcher like Nova would be too complicated or consume too many resources, but I am beginning to learn more about Nova and would like to give it a try. I also hesitated because I tend to like a rather plain, minimalistic home screen---but I've seen that you can use Nova to make the more subdued home screens, as well.

Thanks again for the information!

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I finally found a Youtube video about Nova's app drawer and, while it is divided into different groups, the layout isn't exactly what I was hoping to find. The Nova app drawer has the different categories listed horizontallly across the top of the screen. What I saw was an app drawer that had the categories on tabs that ran vertically down the right side of the screen. Basically, it looked just like the pictured index dividers in the following link, except each tab was a bit bigger---and instead of A-B-C, of course, there were different categories listed..

http://www.amazon.com/Cardinal-Prod...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3822417

The Nova Launcher tabs would certainly work, and I appreciate your mentioning them, but I would really like to find the one with the vertical tabs, if possible. Anyone know what that might be?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I finally found a picture similar to what I'm looking for. It's like the "Bookmarks" for Themer on the page below. The only difference is that I was looking for something with this look that would only be on one screen and the tabs would be divided into different categories to divide the apps into.

The Best Themer Themes to Refresh and Customize Your Android Phone

Since no one has responded yet, though, I'm guessing no one is familiar with what I'm looking for. (Or maybe I just imagined I saw it?).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan