I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It was working fine until one day I downloaded a couple of apps from Google Play and one of them didn’t install. All other apps I downloaded installed fine for the next week or so so I just thought it was a fluke. Over the next few months there were more and more apps like this, which would download the entire file (thus using a ton of data), but then a few seconds into installing, it would not do so, no error code, just “couldn’t install on USB storage or SD card”. This then started happening with Amazon Appstore as well. Eventually, I decided to factory reset my tablet, despite every other feature of the tablet working fine. I did this, and started re-installing all my apps and games, most of which installed fine, but the SAME ones that wouldn’t install before, won’t install again, even after a reset!!!

A lot of these apps and games were ones that I had PAID for. There are still a lot of apps and games that install fine, I first thought perhaps it was to do with the size of the files, all of these are quite large files, but there are apps larger than these I have downloaded since, that have installed fine. For the apps from Amazon, I used a file explorer to get the APKs for these to install them directly, not through the App Store, and they still didn’t work.

I’m extremely frustrated as I have purchased these apps and yet am unable to use them no matter what I try! Below is a list of a few of the apps and games which wouldn’t install before or after the reset:

Google Play
    * Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (this app installed and was working fine before I reset my tablet)
    * Mirror Mysteries
    * Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief
    * Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon

Amazon Appstore
    * Sorcery!
    * XIII: Lost Identity (this app installed and was working fine before I reset my tablet)
    * Star Command (this app installed and was working fine before I reset my tablet)

Does anybody have any idea how I could solve this problem? I feel like I’ve tried everything, there’s plenty of free space, I’ve cleared caches and app data, even reset the darn device and nothings helping. HELP!!!
    08-10-2014 12:39 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It was working fine until one day I downloaded a couple of apps from Google Play and one of them didn’t install. All other apps I downloaded installed fine for the next week or so so I just thought it was a fluke. Over the next few months there were more and more apps like this, which would download the entire file (thus using a ton of data), but then a few seconds into installing, it would not do so, no error code, just “couldn’t install on USB storage or SD card”. This then started happening with Amazon Appstore as well. Eventually, I decided to factory reset my tablet, despite every other feature of the tablet working fine. I did this, and started re-installing all my apps and games, most of which installed fine, but the SAME ones that wouldn’t install before, won’t install again, even after a reset!!!

A lot of these apps and games were ones that I had PAID for. There are still a lot of apps and games that install fine, I first thought perhaps it was to do with the size of the files, all of these are quite large files, but there are apps larger than these I have downloaded since, that have installed fine. For the apps from Amazon, I used a file explorer to get the APKs for these to install them directly, not through the App Store, and they still didn’t work.

I’m extremely frustrated as I have purchased these apps and yet am unable to use them no matter what I try! Below is a list of a few of the apps and games which wouldn’t install before or after the reset:

Google Play
    * Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (this app installed and was working fine before I reset my tablet)
    * Mirror Mysteries
    * Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief
    * Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon

Amazon Appstore
    * Sorcery!
    * XIII: Lost Identity (this app installed and was working fine before I reset my tablet)
    * Star Command (this app installed and was working fine before I reset my tablet)

Does anybody have any idea how I could solve this problem? I feel like I’ve tried everything, there’s plenty of free space, I’ve cleared caches and app data, even reset the darn device and nothings helping. HELP!!!
    08-10-2014 12:42 PM
    I had a similar prob on Tab 4. IDK why but if I uninstalled the app, shut off the tablet, pulled my SD card (so the appstore wldnt automatically d/l it there), turn device bsck on and d/l & load it from the internal memory, go to wherever the app's "restore purchases" option was in the app then turned the device off again, popped the SD card back in, moved the app over to SD storage n launched everything worked right again.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-15-2015 02:58 AM