Multi Touch Screen Problem

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey gang, just got a new generic Chinese phone (Kingleton G9000) and with a new phone always seem to come new problems, lol. I had a Samsung Trend before and played the same games without a hitch, so I know it must be something specific to this particular phone. I've been trying to work it out on my own since Monday, but haven't had any luck, so I thought I'd see if anyone here can give me a hand. The problem is as follows, when I play a game that needs to have two fingers on the screen at the same time, like a shooter, where one finger controls the movement and the other shoots, when I release one of the fingers, the other one stops responding and I need to press the screen again to make it work. As I said before, this didn't happen on my old phone, so I know that it shouldn't work like this. The phone has Android 4.2 if that helps all all. Thanks in advance, Vin.

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Just got the phone on Monday, so I haven't had a chance to contact the manufacturer, but while I was waiting for reply's I downloaded Robocop and it plays just fine with the multi touch, so could it be the games themselves even though I didn't have problems on the other phone with them?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone on Monday, so I haven't had a chance to contact the manufacturer, but while I was waiting for reply's I downloaded Robocop and it plays just fine with the multi touch, so could it be the games themselves even though I didn't have problems on the other phone with them?

Quite possibly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Robocop and it plays just fine with the multi touch, so could it be the games themselves even though I didn't have problems on the other phone with them?
There's more than one way to read the screen, so some software may not work with some hardware that's slightly different than standard. (It's a matter of whether the programmer has spent years bleeding over such issues or he's never encountered a seemingly simple piece of hardware that wasn't exactly what it said. [Like the old Epson dot matrix printers that didn't work exactly the way their own manuals claimed they should.])

Not too much you can do about it if the problem is that the hardware differences are causing the problem. If it's a driver that's at fault, and the manufacturer is really good, there will be an update if enough people write to them.

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Try a multitouch tester to see if it is the hardware or the app.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...metalev.multitouch.visualizer2&token=IwBLtaPm
r

Thanks for the link, I installed the app, and it definitely recognizes five fingers, and when I have two on the screen on as in the shooting games, if I lift one it DOES recognize that the other is still there!!! However, sometimes if I tap one finger very quickly as in a rapid fire thing, the white letters of the start of the program do flicker very very briefly. I'm not sure where this leaves me, according to the app the screen is functioning correctly right???

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like it's working correctly. Considering every phone is different you could just be running into a weird bug that affects your new phone but not your old phone in that particular game.

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like it's working correctly. Considering every phone is different you could just be running into a weird bug that affects your new phone but not your old phone in that particular game.

I think you are right, I have downloaded another shooter that works fine too. You know how it is, you get something new and the first game you try doesn't work and alarms start going off immediately. I'm sure we've all been there before, lol.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right, I have downloaded another shooter that works fine too. You know how it is, you get something new and the first game you try doesn't work and alarms start going off immediately. I'm sure we've all been there before, lol.

Definitely. I would e-mail the dev and let them know about the issue. They may just tell you that they can't support every obscure phone, but they might work with you to get it fixed.

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Good idea, I'll do that, just might get it fixed, but in all honestly I have MORE than enough other games that I can play on this phone. Thanks to all for their help!

shadanhasan

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
When i play racing games with button control and manual throttle and turn car and put my finger off steer button the car still turn until i put my other finger off the throttle button. My device is yu Yuphoria5010A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC