Photos disappeared

1Ando

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S2, still running good as new. Never had to do a reset...crossin the fingies. Hundreds of photos just up and disappeared. There still are about 50 or so left. I have not idea what happened. Trying to get a clue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did they disappear from your SD Card, internal memory, Cloud service? If you try to browse the folder where they were through the File Manager, can you see them? If so, then some setting in the Gallery is hiding them.

If it's an SD Card, I'd try to read it on a computer and see if they appear there.

Another couple of options: The pictures are set as "hidden" and can only viewed if you enable that setting, or someone else just went ahead and deleted them.

1Ando

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume they disappeared from internal memory on the phone itself. I could previously access them either through the Gallery or File Manager. I have sole access to this phone - no one else has touched it.

Where would the setting be to hide or unhide the pictures?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do me a favor. If you long-press a picture in the gallery (where it lets you select multiple items), and then press the menu button. Is the "Hide Items" option available?

I used to have an S2 but I can't remember if I was able to hide stuff or that started on the Note 2...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney