Ok, before you say, 'go into handcent and settings...' or 'go into your stock text text app and settings and....' - that isnt it. I have tried and done

I put a stupid ~Chris~ signature many years ago at the end of each text I send. That was 3 phones ago and 2 email addresses (gmail) ago. Its still stuck there. I go into the main default text app and I have the signature box unchecked to not use one. also same for handcent. I just got a new phone 2 weeks ago and its still there.

So its a signature that I set up a while ago thats 'ghosting' along with each new phone. its somewhere deep within a profile that sticks with me.. the only thing I can think of is my cell provider Rogers and maybe google/gmail but I am using a different email now then when I put it on.

I cant find the source of the signature and it remains! please help

thanks
    08-22-2014 11:36 PM
    Check to see if there is anything set with the carrier. If possible, login to you account via the Web and see if there is a setting to customize sms signatures.
    08-22-2014 11:58 PM
    Check to see if there is anything set with the carrier. If possible, login to you account via the Web and see if there is a setting to customize sms signatures.
    thanks but I just cant see me doing anything like that with Rogers. I have only been using the online portal for half a year now. This would be something I added in about 2-3 years ago and 3 phones ago... And I wouldnt do something like a signature over the phone.
    So that really only leaves google/gmail signature setting. I wonder if I switched to a dreaded iphone, it would remain with me???hehehe
    08-23-2014 05:53 PM