Apps won't auto-refresh

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
At first I thought it was just the Sense News app that didn't update according to schedule, but I've noticed lately that several of the apps on my phone simply won't fetch new data unless I manually tell it to. Sense News is one, the mail tracking app I'm using is another, my banking app works most of the time but sometimes not. AppBrain is set to sync every 12 hours. Last time it did so was five days ago.

So. Is anyone aware of a miraculous setting that'll magically make things work? Granted, pressing "update" isn't that much work

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I did have one installed briefly before, while testing an app that liked to crash without the actual service dying. That's about it though. I'm as adverse to task killers as anybody.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. I had that problem at times with the news widget, but it would refresh if I sat on it for awhile. I'm not sure if this would fix it but make sure you have the sync setting on.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Mm, yeah, mine does update every now and then, too. No idea what triggers it, but it does. May I ask what happens for you if you press News in Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account? 'Cause when I do, nothing happens. The button lights up when I press it and goes black when I release. That's it. Just seems a bit weird, and I can't remember if that button ever actually did anything.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I would check, but I'm not on a Sense ROM anymore. It might be for syncing with google reader or something, but I'm not sure. Maybe it doesn't do anything because you don't use google reader (I'm assuming it would use the same login as your gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz