My Touchwiz app has stopped working, can anyone help?

A

AC Question

Touchwiz has stopped working. Tried everything

So my phone has done the "TouchWiz has unfortunately stopped working" thing. I have looked up all possible solutions on google and haven't found anything that works. My phone was recently rooted using Towelroot and I haven't really done much to it. I only input some key mapping command into a command shell and used a button controller mapping app called USB/BT JoystickCenter, which i think is what messed it up. All I did in the app was change the input method to JoystickCenter. When the app failed to work, I uninstalled it without switching the input method back. So far I've only noticed it's affected my keyboard by switching it to the samsung keyboard instead of the swype one The error appears when I try to access the settings menu so I can't even clear the TouchWiz cache. Help please.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touchwiz has stopped working. Tried everything

Welcome to AC :)
You should still be able to wipe the cache partition in recovery mode. Have you gone back into the app and changed the input method back?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

renof87

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the welcome. Good to be part of the community. I did try to redownload the app and change the input method. It was already set to samsung keyboard, but even changing it back and forth still did nothing. Also tried to boot into recovery and clear the cache. Still no good.

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for the welcome. Good to be part of the community. I did try to redownload the app and change the input method. It was already set to samsung keyboard, but even changing it back and forth still did nothing. Also tried to boot into recovery and clear the cache. Still no good.

Hmm. In that case I'd suggest backing up your device and either doing a factory reset or flashing a stock ROM for your device.

renof87

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm still kind of new to the whole phone rooting thing, so I don't know that much. Will it mess anything up to just factory reset my phone since it's rooted? I haven't really done that much tinkering with it so far, so I'm not really too concerned with saving much, aside from my contacts, and music and pictures from my sd card. I would try and flash it with a stock rom, but unfortunately I don't have that easy of access to a computer

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm still kind of new to the whole phone rooting thing, so I don't know that much. Will it mess anything up to just factory reset my phone since it's rooted? I haven't really done that much tinkering with it so far, so I'm not really too concerned with saving much, aside from my contacts, and music and pictures from my sd card. I would try and flash it with a stock rom, but unfortunately I don't have that easy of access to a computer

You can do a factory reset in recovery mode. Do you have a custom one? (Like TWRP or CWM)?

renof87

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Do not have a custom one. Just the android recovery mode. Should I use a custom one?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Do not have a custom one. Just the android recovery mode. Should I use a custom one?

You don't need to. It was just a suggestion if you already had one.
Before you do the factory reset, make sure to backup your apps, photos, contacts, etc.

renof87

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Alrighty. I download TWRP and I'm gonna backup. I'll let you know how it goes when I'm back up

renof87

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Ended up using the stock recovery because I'm a noob at rooting so I didn't really know how to use TWRP. Totally worked though. Thank you for the help!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Ended up using the stock recovery because I'm a noob at rooting so I didn't really know how to use TWRP. Totally worked though. Thank you for the help!

No problem. Glad it worked :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL