I'm at wits end here. Trying to use the guest Wi-Fi at work. Has always worked before but over the last few weeks has gotten harder and harder to connect. Often requires rebooting the phone. Today is the worst. It says it is connected but the phone then says no internet and no apps will load data. Using Wi-Fi Analyzer shows multiple APs with great signal strength. Tried forcing connections to various ones but always no internet behind it even though the phone was connect to the AP. On a whim I pulled out this tablet. It connected right away and had internet. I again used Wi-Fi Analyzer to look at which AP I was connected to and forced the phone to connect to the same one. No internet on phone despite tablet sitting right next to it having no problems.
    How do I troubleshoot this? I tried deleting my certificates since the tablet reported cert problems as it connected thinking the phone didn't want to connect without a good certificate. No help. Any ideas? I don't know what else to try. Ant help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    09-04-2014 03:01 PM
    What device do you have that isn't connecting? Go to Settings>Wi-fi, long-press the work network, and Modify Network, then tap Show Advanced Options. Make sure the proxy setting is correct ("None" if you don't use a proxy) and that it's set to DHCP (unless you're supposed to enter a static IP).
    09-04-2014 03:17 PM
    LG G2
    I already checked the proxy and set it to DHCP required. So stumped.
    09-04-2014 03:47 PM
    If possible, see if someone can reboot the router at work.
    09-04-2014 04:17 PM
    I have an open trouble ticket where i ask them to do that. Nothing yet. Seems wierd the tablet works ok.
    09-04-2014 04:18 PM
    Working today but i had to go thru a certificate warning.
    09-05-2014 07:13 AM