How do I free up space on my phone?

A

AC Question

I need to free up space on my phone!

Im currently using a Prism 2 which has terrible internal storage space (1gb). I put everything I can on my sd card and I clear cache and everything with ccleaner, sd maid, and android assistant, however I only have 200 mb free! I have only apps I need too! The problem is all the stupid preloaded apps are taking up the space, like the Chrome browser using 220mb of space, even with the data and cache cleared. Also damn Facebook app uses 66 mb, with 65 mb of data, but when I clear it, I have to set it up all over again. I dont want to root it but apps with a ton of data and stupid preloaded ones like Chrome waste all my space! What do i do?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need to free up space on my phone!

The first thing you could do is clear the app caches one by one. Then do a system partition cache clear. There are instructions for that on a sticky. :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

You could try a lighter browser like CM. Forget FB app and use the browser to access your account. Create a bookmark shortcut on your home screen.
Without root could be impossible to uninstall chrome but you can disable it and uninstall updates.

Photos and videos take tons of space, you know that. Clean master, SD maid and that kind of programs are not so necessary, most things can be done from the settings.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The first thing you could do is clear the app caches one by one. Then do a system partition cache clear. There are instructions for that on a sticky. :)

Wiping the cache partition will clear it for all apps. No need to do it one by one :p

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

You could also get a new phone, if it isn't enough space for you

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Wiping the cache partition will clear it for all apps. No need to do it one by one :p

I know, but that isn't possible on all phones. It's not possible on my dual core lg phone, for example.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

In recovery, no. It should still work if you tap "cache" in storage settings.
That's what I meant though. If I tap storage I'll get the little graph, but nothing happens if I tap cache on that phone. I can only do it one at a time from Settings Apps on that one. It is an older phone, though.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

That's what I meant though. If I tap storage I'll get the little graph, but nothing happens if I tap cache on that phone. I can only do it one at a time from Settings Apps on that one. It is an older phone, though.

Oh, OK. Nevermind then lol
Have you tried recovery?