Multiple users on Galaxy Note 10.1

Scaramaus

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Dear All Knowing Android-ers,

I'm having a bit of an issue with the Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi-tablet.
At my workplace we've been starting to use this tablet as electronic labjournals. Ideally I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 different users on each tablet. This should not be a problem with Android 4.2 and above, because of the multi-user feature.
However, the android version on the Note 10.1, doesn't have the multi-user feature. I fixed this by rooting the tablet and installing the app 4.2 Multiple User Enabler.
Here is my issue. Whenever the tablet is shut-down or runs out of power and is rebooted, other users than the tablet's owner are not accessible. You have to login under the tablet's owner and restart the 4.2 Multiple User Enabler app. Which is a bit annoying. I've tried to let the app autorun after reboot, but you still have to enable the multiuser feature manually.
So what could I do to solve this issue? Completely remove the Samsung installed android and install CyanoGen Mod or another OS?
Or do you think there could be another solution?

Thanks for your time
Best Regards
Maurice

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Dear All Knowing Android-ers,

I'm having a bit of an issue with the Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi-tablet.
At my workplace we've been starting to use this tablet as electronic labjournals. Ideally I would like to be able to have 2 or 3 different users on each tablet. This should not be a problem with Android 4.2 and above, because of the multi-user feature.
However, the android version on the Note 10.1, doesn't have the multi-user feature. I fixed this by rooting the tablet and installing the app 4.2 Multiple User Enabler.
Here is my issue. Whenever the tablet is shut-down or runs out of power and is rebooted, other users than the tablet's owner are not accessible. You have to login under the tablet's owner and restart the 4.2 Multiple User Enabler app. Which is a bit annoying. I've tried to let the app autorun after reboot, but you still have to enable the multiuser feature manually.
So what could I do to solve this issue? Completely remove the Samsung installed android and install CyanoGen Mod or another OS?
Or do you think there could be another solution?

Thanks for your time
Best Regards
Maurice
Installing a 4.2+ ROM would likely solve this issue. That's if a ROM is available and is fully working - meaning, no bugs or incompatibilities that would make using it an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon