Why is my Galaxy S4 i9505 have boot issues?

nojoints

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
[SOLVED] Galaxy S4 i9505 boot issue (tried searching google)

Hello I have a quite weird issue I've had the phone for almost 2 years, my S4 vibrates after I put the battery in and goes to the start splash screen "Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505" then shuts off.
All started yesterday while at work it worked one second, put it back into my pocket then it was black, got it started 2 times to full working mode but it would shut off after maybe 1-2 minutes, the choice of shut down, reboot, airplane mode etc came up then shut down.
I have opened the phone (done this before for headphones repair so warranty is out, also it's rooted). And I tried to have it bare skinned so to speak and tried to start it without the outside power button only the naked small button on the inside, still same issue.

Following I have tried:

I have a secondary battery I tried to put instead it didn't help. Both batteries are fully charged from stationary charging station, none of them spins so they are not "fat"/broken.

I have tried volume up, power button and home button.

I have tried volume down to go into download mode.

I have tried keeping the charger on the phone then put the battery in but still same issue (vibrates then splash screen and black screen).

I have let the battery been out for the night (approx 7-8 hours).

It is rooted but I can't get to download mode because it shuts down after 1 second.

I haven't installed any new or weird looking apps recently, I always research the apps and check what the latest update do.

Anyone knows if there is any possible way to maybe get photos out of it? Didn't save all to the SD-card, if anyone knows any way to do this you will save my day.

Thank you for your response!

BEEN SOLVED. READ NEXT POST.

Last edited:

nojoints

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 i9505 boot issue (tried searching google)

RESOLVED.

Eventually found one skeptic fix one did on an S2, tugging the power button after opening it, did this and it worked (unsure how long this will hold) but at least it is resolved for now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 i9505 boot issue (tried searching google)

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for posting your solution! When you say you tugged on the power button, do you mean that it was getting stuck in a pressed-down position?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol