[Q] Micro SD card

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there's much difference in quality as long as it's name brand and bought from a reputable place. So it mostly comes down to the specs you need. Space is pretty self explanatory. They also come in different speed ratings. Look in the speed category here for a good run down:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

What you plan to do with a card will determine the minimum speed you should need, but going a class or two higher for extra functionality usually isn't much more expensive. Keep in mind that a card with a certain class rating just has to meet a minimum speed. A lot of times you will find that card makers will go above the rating stamped on the card, which is good but also increases price. So if you see two brands of cards with the same space and class rating but fairly different prices, try to check the actual read/write speeds if you can.

icgoth

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
so these brand doesnt matter?
and i should look for their speed rating right? and price?

and about Sandisk Ultra 32gb (it says Multimedia Best choice for smart phones and tablets)if i use it for game, does not affect the game if i instal the application to my sd card?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As long as it's name brand, then it's my opinion that brand doesn't matter (steer clear of generics, and places selling name brands for dirt cheap as they could be bad clones). Someone else may have a different opinion or maybe some data to point one way or the other.

The only thing it would do regarding gaming is load/save speeds. The biggest reason to be concerned about speed would be recording large files at once. Especially for HD video. You need to have a card that can keep up with a live stream of data being fed to it so you don't get corrupted files.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc