Micro USB

cdavo1979

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I bought a micro USB to female USB so that I could connect a USB flash pen drive to my Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 3 7". It works perfect on S4 running KitKat latest version but doesn't work at all on my rooted Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Tab. I've not updated the Tab as I want to keep the download to SD card option. Has anyone any ideas on this...

if I did update to latest version on Tab 3 would the micro USB wire work and would I still be able to download to SD card as it's rooted..

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I bought a micro USB to female USB so that I could connect a USB flash pen drive to my Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 3 7". It works perfect on S4 running KitKat latest version but doesn't work at all on my rooted Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Tab. I've not updated the Tab as I want to keep the download to SD card option. Has anyone any ideas on this...

if I did update to latest version on Tab 3 would the micro USB wire work and would I still be able to download to SD card as it's rooted..

Thanks.

Downloading to SD works differently on JB than it does on KitKat, so that's something that you may not want to do. You can try stick mount - google play store may work.

What type of files are you trying to transfer? If the files are not large then you can use Bluetooth. Otherwise, drop box or equal would be a good alternative to transfer/sync wirelessly.

cdavo1979

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply. stick mount didn't work. For some reason I can now download to SD card on my Galaxy S4! I updated the other day and it works. Many thanks, I now can use the micro USB to transfer movies straight to USB Pen drive to plug into the TV.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon